The Environmental Education, Residency (Non-Thesis) program at Western Washington University involves a close collaboration between Huxley College and the North Cascades Institute (NCI). NCI awards a Certificate in Leadership and Nonprofit Administration for completion of the residency.
Northwest Naturalist Certification is also offered. Students in this track produce a portfolio of projects stemming from coursework and the residency, including curriculum design, natural history, nonprofit organization, evaluation, and professional presentation; in addition they must pass a comprehensive exam.
This program does not provide teacher certification. If desired, that must be pursued separately. All graduate students are expected to develop and implement creative projects that will aid their own practice, with the guidance and advice of the program advisor and other teachers.
As a degree-seeking student at Western, you are responsible for knowing the requirements of your graduate program and making sure that you are taking the courses and completing the milestones your program requires for graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Projects in Environmental Studies
- Curriculum in Environmental Education
- Environmental Education Foundations
- Conservation Psychology
- Assessment, Evaluation and Research in Environment Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management View 159 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
- All applicants should have experience in the field of environmental education and a basic background in natural history. Each applicant’s background will be examined to determine if additional preparation is needed.
- Graduate Record Exam or Miller Analogies Test and official transcript(s) and three letters of reference; applicants with advanced degrees are not required to submit test scores
International23432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23432 USD per year during 24 months.
National22927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22927 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10680 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.