With a Master of Arts in Literacy Education from Hamline University , you will:
- Gain a foundation in the theoretical and practical bases of effective 21st-century literacy instruction, including critical and digital literacy.
- Develop the expertise needed to enrich the literacy learning of diverse students across developmental levels, academic disciplines, and social and cultural contexts.
- Become an advocate for literacy through a comprehensive understanding of literacy development, process, and instruction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essentials in Literacy (4 credits)
- Understanding Learning (2 credits)
- Investigating Contemporary and Critical Issues in Education (2 credits)
- Critical Literacy (2 credits)
- Policy, Leadership, and Advocacy for Educators (4 credits)
- Introduction to Literacy Leadership (2 credits)
- Research Design (4 credits)
- Capstone Project or GED 8495 Capstone Thesis (4 credits)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLiterature View 650 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Online application (no fee for US residents).
- Official transcript of a bachelor's degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university.
- A two-page essay explaining your personal and professional philosophy of literacy education, how this program will support your personal and professional growth in the field, and how you hope to contribute to the field as a result of your graduate studies.
- If you have a GPA of 2.5-2.9, you may still be considered for admission. Please also provide:
- Two letters of recommendation written by people unrelated to you
International8755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8755 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.