As the only program in the region serving formal and nonformal educators, our graduates include naturalists, museum directors, zoo administrators, technical innovators, classroom teachers, and environmental nonprofit leaders. The Natural Science and Environmental Education program is offered at Hamline University.
As one of only a handful of universities worldwide to be accredited by the North American Association of Environmental Education (NAAEE), Hamline’s master’s program in natural science and environmental education is recognized as a rigorous, relevant program that prepares environmental educators to take the lead.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Learning
- Investigating Contemporary and Critical Issues in Education
- Foundations in Natural Science and Environmental Education
- Environment and Society
- Research Design
- Capstone Project or GED 8495: Capstone Thesis
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 593 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Online application (no fee for US residents).
- Official transcript of a bachelor's degree with a GPA of at least 3.0
- A two-page essay explaining your personal and professional philosophy of environmental education.
- A one- to two-page narrative to help the admissions committee assess your academic history and qualifications, in the context of the high standards for academic performance in our program.
- Two letters of recommendation written by people unrelated to you, who are familiar with your academic and/or professional history and who can accurately assess your potential for successful graduate study.
International11673 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 USD per credit during 18 months.
National11673 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.