At University of New Hampshire, in the Ocean Engineering - Ocean Mapping program, you’ll gain critical skills in rigorous classes and research projects at sites in New England and around the world. Our program is led by the Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping/Joint Hydrographic Center, one of four data centers for the Seabed 2030 project, which aims to create the definitive map of the world ocean floor by 2030, and one of only two academic centers in North America where students can complete the IHO/FIG/ICA-recognized, category-A Standards of Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors program.
You’ll have access to extensive research facilities at the Jere A. Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory and aboard the R/V Gulf Surveyor, a 48-foot ship that is purpose-designed for ocean mapping activities. Most students who are accepted into the program are supported as Research Associates through externally-funded grants.
- Academic research
- Data analysis
- Environmental/hydrographic consulting
- Governmental agencies (NOAA, NAVO, USACE, NGA)
- Hydrographic surveying
- K-12 and university education
- Marine hardware and software development
- Marine research
- Marine resource management
- Mineral resources exploration
- Ocean technology
- Remote sensing
- State regulatory agencies
- Ocean Measurements Lab
- Underwater Acoustics
- Geodesy and Positioning for Ocean Mapping
- Integrated Seabed Mapping Systems
- Hydrographic Field Course
- Coastal Engineering and Processes
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Hydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering View 46 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.