The Master's in Social Innovation degree at University of San Diego is unlike any other in that it starts by diving deep into real social challenges, then pairs that knowledge with critical thinking, inventiveness, leadership and sustainable business design.
MASI teaches you to look at problems in fresh ways and transform ideas into successful projects with scalable impact. Whether it's new financial services for women coffee growers and roasters in Colombia, or a food share app for a non-profit food recovery program in the U.S., you'll have a unique opportunity to apply systemic responses to challenges so that peace and social justice are synonymous with prosperity.
Social innovation is more than a trend. It is increasingly essential to employers across all sectors, including business, health and education. Our students learn how to combine leadership, peacebuilding and business skills into a holistic approach that works toward innovative solutions for good. You'll learn to contextualize social issues from a variety of perspectives including cultural, political and socio-economic variables, and to use the knowledge to formulate an action plan to meet emerging challenges such as refugee and migration flows, environmental degradation and humanitarian crises.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Global Challenges
- Social Innovation
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Social Innovation Practicum
- Design Thinking
- Pitching for Success
- undamentals of Finance and Accounting
- Social Innovation Capstone
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Entrepreneurship Innovation Management View 65 other Masters in Innovation Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current Resume — You will submit a resume detailing your employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Personal statement(s) vary depending on the program you are applying to. Please check the prompt in your application.
- Letters of Recommendation — Your letters should be from professors familiar with your scholarly work, or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information about your potential for success as a graduate student.
International1200 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1200 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1200 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1200 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.