Kinesiology has as its mission the preparation of educators, researchers, and citizens who are professionally and academically prepared and are dedicated to addressing the physical activity needs of our society in school, community, work-site, health, medical, or athletic environments. In this regard, the Department of Kinesiology is committed to diverse cultural, educational, scientific, and cross-disciplinary approaches that emphasize the total person. One vital aspect of these efforts is to understand and educate our students and the public in the science and benefits of human movement. We support a broad multi-disciplinary, technologically sophisticated, integrative perspective that identifies exercise, sport, and skill acquisition as critical factors in preparing children and adults to become healthy, knowledgeable, culturally sensitive, and valued members of society.We use the same multi-disciplinary and integrative approach to address the physical activity issues of an aging, and many times, under-served adult population, emphasizing the role of behaviors in the quality of education, quality of life and prevention of illness. The relationships between physical activity in human beings and various sciences are emphasized. Students will gain an understanding of the development, interpretation, application, and dissemination of knowledge that relates physical activity to human well-being.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching/Supervising Elementary PE
- Techniques of Research
- Laboratory and Field Experience
- Computer-based Instructional Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 400 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Applicant data sheet and statement of purpose
- One transcript for each U.S. or international institution of higher education
- Admissions test scores less than five years old
- The application fee is $65 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and $80 for international applicants
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Additional application materials (e.g., portfolios, writing samples, responses to essay questions, etc.) required by individual departments
- International applicants must submit one certified copy in the native language along with certified precise word-for-word English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates of degree.
International29230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14615 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National10780 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5390 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.