School Adjustment and Mental Health Counseling from Cambridge College emphasizes the use of evidence-based counseling strategies and features extensive real-world training experiences. Graduates will be ready to meet the licensing standards of the Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health and Human Services Professionals and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Graduates with School Adjustment and Mental Health Counseling from Cambridge College will gain knowledge and practical skills related to:
- Therapeutic relationships
- Normal and abnormal intellectual, social, and emotional development
- Learning disorders and emotional issues affecting student achievement
- State-of-the-art diagnostic instruments, procedures for testing, and interpreting results
- Medical conditions and medication related to physical disabilities and learning disorders
- Prevention and treatment strategies for substance abuse, physical and sexual abuse, and violence in PreK-12 students
- Laws and regulations pertaining to the legal rights of students and families
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Ethics & Professional Issues for School Counselors & Mental Health Practitioners
- Research Design and Evaluation
- Group Dynamics/Group Counseling & Human Systems
- Career Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Educational Psychology View 433 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
- Official transcript
- Interview with and approval of the SOPC Admissions Committee and acceptance by the dean.
- Current Résumé
- Personal Statement - Write a 1-2 page essay (250-500 words) describing your reasons for obtaining a degree from Cambridge College, your professional experience and goals, and your academic background.
- Two Professional Recommendations
- bachelor’s degree.
- A complete, signed application
- Application fee: $100.00
- Completed Application Supplement for F1 International Students
- Photocopy of your current passport
- Photocopy of your visa (if you are currently in the U.S.)
- Photocopy of pages 1 and 3 of your current I-20 (if you are in the U.S. in F1 status)
- Letter of reference
- Proof of English language proficiency
International17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.