Students with an existing Ohio teaching license may obtain the computer/technology endorsement with the M.Ed. degree in Educational Technology by completing specific courses and a 100-hour practicum. The endorsement allows teachers to teach computer applications in the classroom or assume technology leadership positions in a school or at the district level. The endorsement cannot be obtained as a stand-alone license.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Educational Technology program from the Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge about different types of hardware and of a variety of different software applications.
- Conduct literature reviews to examine issues associated with technology and learning.
- Develop, implement and troubleshoot web-based, interactive multimedia educational programs.
- Design, develop and evaluate educational materials using various technology tools.
- Apply principles of message design to the development of educational materials.
- Identify critical issues related to the field of educational technology.
- Advocate for the appropriate use of technology in educational settings, including providing equitable access to technology resources for all students.
- Apply principles of change management, organizational development, technological diffusion and adoption and project management to effecting change in an organization.
- Practice the systematic evaluation of educational materials that use technology, based upon the objectives previously established for the unit or lesson.
- Assess the effectiveness of the use of technology for instruction, with a variety of assessment techniques.
- Identify trends in the field, and apply those trends to current situations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Technology And Learning
- Trends In Educational Tech Nology
- Instructional Design
- Research Issues In Educational Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
at least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesEducation Technology Management View 3542 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and professional references
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11766 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.