The language of business today is dependent on information and data management, and the emergence of advanced technologies for capturing, preparing and analyzing data provides unprecedented opportunities for those with business analytics expertise that spans all industries and organizations.
Students in the Business Analytics major gain the technical, analytical, communication, decision-making and leadership skills needed to be successful business analysts. The curriculum includes integrative capstone analysis projects, and there is an internship option for additional professional development through the on-site College of Business Administration's Career Services Office.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Business Analytics program offered at the Kent State University will be able to:
- Develop proficiency in the framing of both the business problem and the analytics problem.
- Provide leadership and decision-making abilities using analytics tools in different business contexts throughout the model lifecycle.
- Develop competencies in identifying data needs and sources, data acquisition and the cleaning and refining of data for analytical processing.
- Develop competencies in analytical model selection, software selection and model building.
- Develop competencies in deploying, validating and interpreting analytical solutions.
- Develop competencies in problem-solving skills and effective verbal and written communications of results to diverse audiences.
- Quantitative Management Modeling
- Business Analytics
- Advanced Data Mining And Predictive Analytics
- Analytics In Practice
- Fundamentals Of Machine Learning
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Database Management And Database Analytics
- Capstone Project In Business Analytics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics View 387 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United States
- Bachelor's degree in business or in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics discipline from an accredited college or university1 for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- GMAT scores with minimum 500 overall (40th percentile in verbal and 60th percentile in quantitative sections minimum) or GRE scores
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11766 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.