Students take core and advanced courses covering theoretical foundations for nursing practice, health systems and models, advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, nursing research and advanced health assessment. Nurse practitioner specialty courses emphasize the care of women and children, adult, and geriatric patients and their families. The total number of credit hours required is 53, which includes 780 hours of clinical practice. The curriculum consists of 15 semester hours of core content, 11 semester hours of advanced practice core content, 21 semester hours of nurse practitioner specialty content, and 6 semester hours of either thesis or non-thesis option. Clinical experiences occur in urban and rural settings. This course of study prepares nurses to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Interpret research findings to implement evidence based nursing practice.
- Appraise nursing and non-nursing theories to use in advance nursing practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the policy making process as it influences self, the profession and health care system.
- Integrate ethical decision-making theories into professional practice.
- Apply knowledge and skills that are essential for advanced nursing practice in a variety of settings and the emerging health care system.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesNursing View 748 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university or, for most doctoral programs, a master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Degrees from institutions outside of the U.S. must be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees.
- Evidence of ability to speak, write, and comprehend written and oral English language. As part of the application process, all students must present a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based (pBT) and a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based (iBT) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, NJ.
International17418 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8709 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National8020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4010 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.