At Music with emphasis in Music Education from University of Missouri - Columbia students encounter a simulating curriculum that is relevant to their career aspirations, taught by faculty who are on the cutting edge of best-practice pedagogy, research, scholarship, and creative activity. Music education faculty members play active leadership roles in international, national and state organizations devoted to improving preK-12th grade music instruction. They also regularly publish their work in premier research and practitioner journals, and remain actively engaged with music teachers through presentations, clinics, and guest teaching and conducting.
Professionals interested in improving their teaching and advancing their careers in music education at the early childhood, elementary school, middle school, or high school level can earn a master’s degree in music education.
- Measurement and Research in Music Education
- Psychology of Music Instruction and Performance
- Advanced Techniques in Music Education-Early Childhood
- Curriculum Materials in Music Education-General
- Current Issues in Music Education
- Music Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
- Fall deadline: August 1
- Spring deadline: December 1
- Summer deadline: May 1
DisciplinesEducation Music Music History View 1017 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts – As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Proof of Financial Support
- Have earned a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- GPA 3.0
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Online tuition: 11,962 USD/ year
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.