Learning, Teaching and Curriculum with emphasis in Social Studies Education from University of Missouri - Columbia is primarily for classroom teachers, grades 1-12, who wish to advance their knowledge and practice of social studies while obtaining an advanced degree. If you want to engage in meaningful discussion about the role of social studies and how research and theory can inform classroom practice, this may be the degree for you.
Our program prepares teachers, curriculum leaders and teacher educators for professional excellence. With the rapid changes in education–especially developments in instructional materials and techniques, curriculum construction and classroom organization — teachers who have completed their certification may need to update, refine and extend their knowledge and skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Development
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Curriculum Leadership
- African American Education - Historic and Current Issues
- Immigrant Issues in Education
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues in the Schools
- Human Learning
- Developmental Aspects of Human Learning
- Youth Cultures and the Cultures of Youth
- Technology to Enhance Learning
- Teaching Online Courses
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Teaching View 476 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
- Minimum GRE Scores
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- All emphasis areas desire at least 2 letters of recommendation, regardless of GPA.
International24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
National24849 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24849 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12213 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.