Applicants for a Library Media specialist endorsement must hold a current valid professional teaching license, a master's degree, and complete the below 6 graduate courses (18 credit hours), with a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA in graduate coursework. In order to meet Kansas State Department of Education licensure guidelines, Library Media Specialist candidates must complete a master's degree before applying for an initial school specialist license and a district administered mentorship before applying for a professional school specialist license.
Feel the freedom of a degree around your schedule
At Fort Hays State University, online does not mean impersonal. Our innovative virtual programs really mean you have the flexibility and freedom to plan your program according to your schedule – and finish it on time – with a community of colleagues standing behind you.
Once you are accepted into a program, a faculty member within your specialty area will guide you throughout your studies. Although the requirements for each program vary, you may be able to complete your degree without setting foot on campus, while still developing rich relationships with faculty and fellow classmates.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Selection of School Library Media Materials
- Instructional Technology Theory and Practice
- School Library Media Administration
- Advanced Literature for Children & Young Adults
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 92 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International20740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State8228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 12 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.