The Clinical Education course from Keele University will cover the fundamentals of medical education, introduce you to the latest theoretical base and expose you to the challenges of teaching and assessing students in the clinical environment. The overall aim of the course is to improve the quality and effectiveness of clinical teaching through:
- Understanding a learner-centred approach
- Developing practical teaching and assessment skills
- Promoting understanding of educational theory
- Promoting reflective practice in education and clinical practice
- Promoting evidence based education
The course will cover more advanced aspects of clinical education, building upon the foundations of the Certificate Course. It will introduce you to the latest theoretical base and expose you to the challenges of teaching students in the clinical environment. The overall aim of the course is to improve the quality and effectiveness of clinical teaching. Participants will develop expertise and specialist knowledge in their chosen areas of clinical education.
Achieving the MSc will develop your knowledge and necessary skills to ensure professionalism is reached and maintained for clinical leaders. It will provide the individual with advanced expertise and specialist knowledge in clinical education and enable you to display critical analysis and independent thinking, to progress you in clinical education teaching.
On completion of the PG Certificate, you will be able to teach in a range of medical settings, with a broad range of expertise and sector specific knowledge attained.
Students may choose to extend their skills and depth of knowledge by progressing to a diploma or master's, which will provide you with the ability to communicate and analyse proposed research, and provide professional judgement at a higher level for critial evaluation and assessment to enable you to progress in your career in clinical education across the healthcare sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Methods and Theories of Learning
- Assessment in Clinical Education
- Educational Supervision and Feedback
- Developing Professional Skills and Attitudes
- Media Design
- Curriculum Design and Session Planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- The next Distance Learning course starts 17 April with an application deadline of 31 March
- The next taught PG Certificate course starts 14 September with an application deadline of 1 September
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine View 963 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This degree is designed for those individuals with a recognised degree level award in their chosen area of healthcare.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK - MSc (180 credits), Part Time, £11,500
- UK - PG Dip (120 credits), Part Time, £7,700
- UK - PG Cert (60 credits), Part Time, £3,850
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.