Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Hardship Fund is a discretionary fund available to students experiencing severe financial hardship during their time at Keele University. Each application is assessed on a case-by-case basis, and successful applicants could be awarded up to £2,000.
Students can be awarded up to £2,000 per academic year. As the Hardship Fund has limited resources, it may not always be possible to cover your full additional financial need.
- Any Keele University student (undergraduate or postgraduate, home or international, full-time or part-time, including apprentice learners) who is facing severe financial hardship can apply to the Hardship Fund, provided that the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- You must meet the following criteria to be able to apply for the Hardship Fund:
- Be a current Keele student
- Demonstrate a shortfall between your income and reasonable expenditure which you are unable to resolve without financial support
- Demonstrate that you have exhausted all other available financial assistance prior to application (for example, you must have applied for your full Student Finance entitlement if applicable)
- They will not be able to consider your application if you did not make reasonable provision to cover your living costs prior to the start of your course. Similarly, you will not be eligible for an award if you have significant expenditure on non-essential purchases or services (such as holidays, premium brand clothing...), or if you have transferred large sums of money to family or friends.
- Although they will consider applications from any student, we give priority to the following student groups when deciding how to allocate awards:
- Students with children
- Students with caring responsibilities
- Care leavers
- Students who are estranged from their family
- Students with a disability.
Study experience required
Their Hardship Fund application system is managed within the Blackbullion platform. Once you’ve registered with Blackbullion, you will find the online application for the Hardship Fund in the ‘Funding’ tab.
Applications for the 2022/23 Hardship Fund are currently open and will close in summer 2023.