Physician Associates (PAs) are healthcare professionals, trained in a generalist medical model to deliver care and treatment within hospital and community environments. A PA works independently, under the supervision of a senior doctor, to diagnose, manage and treat a range of patients as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Once qualified, PAs may also develop a specialist area of practice.
Physician Associate Studies at Keele University utilises a diverse range of teaching faculty including PAs, clinicians, scientists and researchers to maximise students’ learning potential. Furthermore, Keele’s placement providers are committed to developing PAs for recruitment into their organisations. Postgraduate medicine is closely affiliated to the North Staffordshire PA Internship Programme and is actively involved with the development of PA education nationally.
A career as a PA can be very diverse and opportunities are opening up in our local Trusts to facilitate this. We work very closely with our healthcare providers to review and develop PA roles and career progression locally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Areas taught in this first year include cardiology, respiratory, gastroenterology, endocrinology, GU and renal, neurology, eyes and ENT and MSK.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Physiotherapy View 161 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 honours degree in a biomedical or health science related subject (e.g. biomedical science, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, healthcare science, pharmacy, audiology, nursing, midwifery, and physiotherapy).
- All applicants should hold GCSE Maths and English grade 6 (or B). Applicants with equivalent or non-standard qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Where English is not offered as a first language, applicants are required to achieve a minimum IELTS score no less than 7.5 (no less than 7 in any sub-set).
- Please note: all applicants will be required to submit a Roles & Responsibilities (R&R) form. The R&R form is an opportunity for candidates to evidence their communication and people skills. Download the PA Roles & Responsibilities Form to complete and upload as part of the application process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The following scholarships may be targeted at specific countries, subjects and talent areas. In some cases you may be required to make an independent application, for others the scholarship will be awarded automatically.
- KEELE INTERNATIONAL EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP (PGT)
Up to £5,000 based on undergraduate degree award.
- DEVELOPING COUNTRIES SCHOLARSHIP
£1,000 for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle-income countries.
KEELE ALUMNI DISCOUNT
GREAT SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NORTH AMERICAN STUDENTS
US FEDERAL STUDENT LOANSARTICLE 26 ASYLUM SEEKER BURSARY
- FULL TIME MBA SCHOLARSHIP
- MSC AI AND DATA SCIENCE SCHOLARARSHIP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.