The program provides already-certified teachers the training to better assist K-12 English language learners who are struggling to survive and succeed academically. Graduates of the UCO bilingual Education/TESL Program are expected to become leaders who can apply their knowledge, skills, and dispositions in the classroom setting, professional settings, and the community. The focus of the program coursework includes foundations of research, second language acquisition theory, cultural influences, historical and philosophical foundations of educational practices related to language minorities, current instructional and assessment practices across the curriculum, and grounding in English language structure and usage. Graduate students not holding Oklahoma teaching certification, but otherwise eligible for admission, will be required to complete alternative prerequisites.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Educational Research
- Foundations of Bilingual/Multicultural Education
- Testing & Evaluation on Bilingual
- Cultural Linguistic Diversity in the Schools
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3480 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete the online application. A non-refundable $60.00 processing fee must be paid for each application.
- You are required to submit the original copy of your academic records with an official stamp or seal on the document(s).
- An official or certified copy of Certificate of Graduation or a letter with expected graduation date provided by your college or university is required.
- Submit your English Language Proficiency (ELP) test scores.
- You must provide evidence as to your source of financial ability to cover the estimated expenses for the first academic year.
- Please submit a clear scanned copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Additional requirement(s) for your specific program of study.
International733 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 733 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National733 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 733 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State316 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 316 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.