This innovative, interdisciplinary program incorporates leadership theories, concepts, methodologies, and mentorship skills that are essential to leading and transforming organizations.
The Strategic Leadership from Black Hills State University is designed to prepare students for advanced leadership positions, and to foster career development in, a variety of organizations including government, non-profit, and the military. Expert faculty in key leadership areas teach core course work in such areas as visioning, motivation, creative problem solving, strategic thinking and decision making, innovation, leading organizational change, ethics, and effective communication.
The Master of Science in Strategic Leadership degree builds a strong foundation for students seeking leadership positions in the military, as well as a variety of other organizational contexts. Working professionals will enjoy the advantages offered by this online program of study. This program is offered entirely online, so it can be pursued from any location, and with great flexibility.
The MSSL requires 33 hours of coursework (24 credit hours of core courses and 9 credit hours of elective courses). You can complete the entire program in 2 years.
BHSU is currently accepting applications for the MSSL program for the next cohort. Cohorts begin in January and August, each year. Click on “Apply Now” to get started. For questions, visit the “Contact Us” page.
Designed With Working Professionals in Mind
The program is offered entirely online and is perfect for those looking to become an effective leader. The program offers integrated courses that build with each other and allow a deeper understanding of how to lead an organization to success.
The Master of Science in Strategic Leadership (MSSLl):
- Gives you the expertise you need to be a knowledgeable leader, opening the door to a wide variety of employment opportunities
- Maximizes your potential for success in our ever-changing world
- Broadens your skills to help you advance in your current career or change course into a new field
- Helps you lead organizations to a brighter future
- Builds customized experiences through practicums, mentoring, and electives that are specific to your professional area.
- Leadership and Innovation: Lessons Learned
- Levels of Leadership
- Leading Change: Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Social Change & Diversity
- Strategic Decision Making
- Visioning: Strategic Planning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1044 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Completed BHSU graduate online application & fee payment (non-refundable).
- Official BS/BA transcript from an accredited college/university with evidence of cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above on a 4.0 scale; students with lower GPA’s may be considered for probationary entrance to the program.
- Three letters of recommendation that can testify to the applicant’s potential for providing leadership in their professional lives and the focus and dedication to complete a graduate program.
- Current resume outlining education, professional work experience, and professional development.
- Personal essay (3-5 pages) addressing past leadership strengths and challenges and how developing leadership skills will fit into their future professional lives.
International21549 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21549 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 653 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12111 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 367 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.