Our MRED+D incorporates finance and innovative design to prepare real estate development professionals to build sustainable, equitable, and prosperous cities. Our curriculum covers the fundamentals of real estate markets, finance, urban economics, property and land use law, project feasibility analysis, and the details of the urban development process. But we include ‘design’ in the degree’s name for a reason.
The Master of Real Estate Development and Design from University of California, Berkeley goes beyond tradition, to link real estate to the world of design based on two convictions. One is that successful real estate development requires excellence in urban design, planning, and sustainability. The other is that design thinking – the iterative process of problem finding, prototyping solutions, and iterative critique – is fundamental to producing the most valued and valuable real estate projects.
- Integrated Development, Architecture & Urbanism
- Sustainable and Resilient Development & Design
- Principles of Sustainable Real Estate Development
- Introduction to Development Economics & Fundamentals
- Real Estate Development Finance
- Land Development Law and Regulations
- Public-Private Partnerships, Strategies & Tools
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Sustainable Development Real Estate & Property Management View 582 other Masters in Design in United States
- a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- a satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) on a 4.0 scale; and
- enough undergraduate training to do graduate work in your chosen field.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: The application fee is not refundable. If you are a U.S. citizen or current permanent resident, the application fee is $105; for all others, the fee is $125.
International26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 11 months.
National26544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13272 USD per semester during 11 months.
In-State11442 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5721 USD per semester during 11 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.