The Architecture and Digital Theory students from University College London (UCL) produce a doctoral thesis consisting of an original piece of writing with supplements allowed in any format suitable to the respective research subject.
During their first year, students will be required to audit at least two modules from Architecture & Digital Theory MRes, including all assignments and tasks. Submissions and exams of audited modules will not be marked, but feedback will be provided.
During their second year, students will co-organise a research seminar with student-led sessions and lectures by invited guests, open to the faculty and students from other programmes.
The Bartlett School of Architecture is one of the world's top-ranked architecture schools and our students enjoy excellent employment opportunities. Upon completion of their PhDs, Bartlett students have gone on to pursue careers in a wide variety of fields, including academic roles.
- Digital design and fabrication
- Image theory and theories of digital replications.
- From machine to body
- From bodies to collective intelligence
- Philosophy and aesthetics of digital environments and of digital art
- Cognitive aspects of design computing systems
- The political economy of digitally driven environments
- History of digital tools for notation and fabrication
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture General Engineering & Technology Digital Marketing View 772 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
International23350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23350 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5690 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5690 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK: £2,845
- International: £11,860
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.