Empowerment practice assesses the influence of personal, structural and societal systems of power on vulnerable and oppressed populations. It uses assessment, intervention and evaluation methods with individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations.The Social Work (Online) is delivered at Winthrop University.
Through empowerment practice, you can promote well-being while affirming the strengths and capabilities of people, valuing human diversity and promoting social justice.
Traditional Program Option
Winthrop offers a Traditional M.S.W. program option, which is designed for students who do not possess an undergraduate degree in social work. This 60-credit-hour program can be completed in as few as 3 years to prepare you for a new career as a specialized social worker.
Advanced Standing Program Option
Winthrop offers a 39-credit hour Advanced Standing M.S.W. program for applicants who possess an undergraduate degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited program. This option enables you to accelerate your career advancement by graduating in as few as 2 years.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Social Welfare Policy
- Generalist Social Work Practice
- Social Work Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Fully structured
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Policy View 62 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited institution
- 3.0 G.P.A. overall required (Advanced Standing program).
- A current, professional resume that demonstrates paid and volunteer experience in the helping profession.
- A professional narrative statement (3-5 pages) addressing the following:
- Your reasons for pursuing the MSW degree and your commitment to the profession.
- Your career goals upon completing the degree.
- How a specialization in empowerment practice will help you reach your professional goals.
- Prior to beginning your statement, please read the NASW Code of Ethics and our statement on Empowerment Practice.
- Applicants must submit official transcript(s) from all institutions attended, even if the classes were transferred or if the applicant withdrew from the school.
International950 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National950 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.