The Social Work concentration is in empowerment practice. Empowerment practice assesses the influence of multiple and interlocking personal, structural, and societal systems of power on vulnerable and oppressed populations.
It incorporates the use of advanced social work theories and methodologies for assessment and intervention across systems. Empowerment practice seeks to establish and maintain systems that are responsive, through culturally relevant strategies, in helping clients increase their power to improve their current situations and quality of life.
Winthrop University provides personalized and challenging undergraduate, graduate, and continuing professional education programs of national caliber within a context dedicated to public service to the nation and to the State of South Carolina. Winthrop's longtime commitment to be among the very best institutions of its kind in the nation continually guides the mission of the university.
The Master of Social Work (MSW) degree which is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Health/Mental Health: Policies & Services
- Families & Children: Policies & Services
- Older Adults: Practice & Trends
- Substance Abuse Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Policy View 628 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Submit a Winthrop University Graduate School application including the following:
- Three professional recommendations
- A current, professional resume that demonstrates paid and volunteer experience in the helping profession.
- A professional narrative statement (3-5 pages)
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university (Advanced Standing applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from a Council on Social Work Education accredited college or university).
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended.
- Have an overall undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the Advanced Standing Program. For the Traditional Programs, a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is preferred on the last 60 credit hours; or a 2.8 overall GPA.
International29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 24 months.
National29506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14753 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15318 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7659 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Rock Hill
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.