In Massachusetts, teachers need to earn their Professional Licensure after they’ve taught for 5 years in a public school. A Professional Licensure helps you deepen your content knowledge and strengthen your teaching practices.
For students who have already earned their masters degree, we offer the opportunity to advance your teaching license. The Teaching program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth provides you with the content courses needed to earn a Professional Licensure. Students are eligible for their professional licensure if they:
- hold an Initial license from another institution
- have obtained an Initial license through a district-based program
- have same area and level as Initial License
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Teaching and Learning
- Culturally Responsive Curriculum and Instruction
- Teaching and Managing Inclusive Classrooms, K-12
- Critical Literacies
- Teaching Practicum or Teaching Practicum Equivalent- Middle/Secondary
- Methods and Materials for Secondary School Teachers of Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1311 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in content area or closely related field from an accredited university with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
- Completed application for the master’s degree program (MAT).
- Personal statement describing your beliefs about teaching and learning and why you have chosen teaching as a profession.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone who can attest to your ability/potential as a teacher.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- Copies of MTEL score reports Communication and Literacy (01) and content area.
- Copy of Preliminary License or Initial License (if applicable).
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 12 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.