Using a systems approach to understanding leadership, the curriculum combines rigorous and relevant coursework with real-world experiential learning.
The Educational Policy and Leadership program offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas , is designed to develop educational leaders who understand the urban environment and the community in which schools exist. Program participants receive a firm foundation of knowledge and skills in order to meet the demands and expectations of school administrators - all within a systems approach for transforming schools within an urban community.
The Educational Policy & Leadership program is grounded in the belief that PK-12 educational leaders must work alongside other community institutions, including government agencies, non-profit organizations, and business and industry, for the well-being of our community's students and families. Twenty-first century urban education leaders must understand the full array of challenges and the interactive and systemic nature of the institutions and organizations they serve.
The Educational Policy & Leadership program meets the requirements for Nevada School Administrator Endorsement and the Nevada Program Administrator Endorsement.
Creating and Sustaining a Focus on Learning
- Planning for school improvement
- Monitoring student performance
- Providing opportunities for teacher reflection
- Short and long term planning to facilitate student achievement
Creating and Sustaining a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Setting expectations for teacher and student performance
- Developing teachers through observation, feedback, and professional development
- Gathering and analyzing data relative to student learning
- Considering diversity of learners, e.g. ethnicity, abilities, and socioeconomic status
Creating and Sustaining Productive Relationships
- Creating environment that respects all stakeholders
- Establishing opportunities for discourse among stakeholders for decision making
- Creating communication processes for partnering with teachers and students
Creating and Sustaining Structures to Support an Effective School
- Aligning curriculum, instruction, and standards
- Allocating resources and developing structures to support school goals for student learning
Managing Human Capital
- Collecting data related to teacher performance
- Using teacher performance data to support effective instruction
- Developing leadership capacity among teachers
Self-Reflection and Professional Growth
- Using feedback from various sources to improve leadership practices
- Seeking opportunities for continuous growth in leadership
- Modeling and advocating fair and equitable treatment of all students and their families
- Modeling integrity and honesty while respecting confidentiality
Family and Community Engagement
- Involving parents, families, and community in policy implementation and program planning
- Involving parents, families, and community in school improvement efforts
- Connecting students and families to other social service and community agencies as needed
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systematic Professional Development and Instructional Supervision
- Educational Law & Policy: Student Issues
- Human and Fiscal Resource Management
- Law for Exceptional Students
- Education Law and Public Policy: Teacher/Staff Evaluation
- Financial Entrepreneurship & Educational Innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Leadership View 367 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from current principal or district supervisor).
- A resume indicating educational and professional experience.
- Leadership statement.
- Summary of leadership experiences.
- Statement of support from applicant's current principal or district supervisor.
- A valid elementary, middle school/junior high, or secondary or special teaching license.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
National23411 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23411 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State6869 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6869 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Las Vegas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.