The MA in Human Development and Social Intervention program from New York University offers a distinct curriculum that emphasizes the practical skills of research design and methods, grant writing, and grant management, and program development and evaluation -- all from a community psychology perspective.
The curriculum is firmly rooted in the traditions of community, social, personality, and developmental psychology.We teach our students to understand the social, cognitive, emotional, and health development across the lifespan, and socioecological factors that influence the contexts and systems in which people develop.
Careers and Outcomes
Our alumni hold positions such as:
- Research project directors/coordinators
- Grant writers
- Research scientists
- Program evaluators in university-based research centers, community agencies, hospitals, school systems, and private industry
More informationVisit official programme website
In your required courses, you will learn:
- Theories of human development.
- Theories and techniques of preventive and promotive interventions.
- Theories and concepts related to culture and context in various settings.
- Strategies to conceptualize and analyze individual and social change.
- Research methodologies for program management and evaluation.
- Grant preparation and grant management.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology View 353 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.