Our curriculum combines a traditional grounding in writing, style, and rhetoric with in-depth explorations of modern communication theories and emerging writing practices. Students develop their creative ability with a focus on professional stability.
Guided by our industry-experienced faculty members, MS in Professional Writing students at New York University work through assignments that target corporate, academic, and real-world audiences to build professional-quality writing portfolios from their coursework. By the end of the program, our graduates are practiced and effective writers who are qualified for active and engaging writing and communications careers across industries. This online graduate degree can be completed in full- or part-time study.
- Core courses build students’ professional writing foundation, focusing on mechanics and craft; professional contexts and digital spaces; and writing with design and audience needs in mind.
- Students select either a professional Internship or a mock-freelance Direct Study as part of their required course work.
- Elective courses provide industry specific knowledge and allow students to develop nuanced understandings of areas of interest that support their personal professional writing goals.
- In their final semester, students complete a thesis project and a digital portfolio. Both major assignments showcase their applied learning and proven abilitie
- Principles of Professional Writing
- Writing for Digital Media
- Business and Organizational Writing
- Style and Rhetoric
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 31 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Standardized Test Information – GMAT or GRE (and TOEFL if required);
- Transcripts & Degrees;
- Professional Information;
- EQ endorsements must be submitted online;
- International Student Supplement.
International24816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12408 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National24816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12408 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!