As you build your foundation toward a career teaching Chinese, French, Italian, Japanese, or Spanish to adults, in the Foreign Language Education, College and Adults, Non-Certification program from New York University you’ll learn:
- Teaching methods that provoke critical thought and inquiry-based learning
- An understanding of urban educational environments and the social, cultural, and economic factors that influence learning
- How to develop and implement innovative classroom strategies and curricula
While this program does not lead to eligibility for teaching certification, you will graduate well prepared to take on a variety of career paths, including:
- Teacher in colleges, universities, community organizations, and immigrant resettlement agencies
- Curriculum developer, specialist, or evaluator
- Researcher, teacher educator, trainer, or program coordinator in governmental and nonprofit educational agencies and multinational corporations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Foreign Languages: Theory and Practice
- Teaching Second Languages: Theory and Practice
- Linguistic Analysis
- Bilingual Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice
- Intercultural Perspectives in Multilingual Education (study away option)
- Applied Linguistics in French
- Advanced French for Teachers of French
- Applied Linguistics in Spanish
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 904 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.