Students of the School Supervision program from Duquesne University will develop cognitive and affective skills in leadership, management, and supervision.
This program offers three certification track options:
- District-Wide Supervisory Certificate, Curriculum & Instruction
- District-Wide Supervisory Certificate, Pupil Personnel Services
- Single Area Supervisory Certificates, K-12 i.e.
- Foreign Languages
- School Guidance Services
- Social Studies
- Special Education
Graduates of the Master's of Science in Education in School Supervision program will be able to:
- Apply the principles and concepts of Pupil Personnel Services in the school setting.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Understand individual and group dynamics that will enable you to employ the qualities of empathy and respect in making decisions and in working with others.
- Collaboration for Curricular Excellence
- Advanced Strategies in Curriculum and Instruction
- Supervision and Performance Evaluation
- Pupil Personnel Administration
- Educational Law, Ethics, & Advocacy
- Orientation to Educational Leadership & Practice for Improvement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 3578 other Masters in Education in United States
- 3.0 GPA
- Graduates with a bachelor's degree from an accredited college, university, or seminary and a teaching certificate will be considered for admission.
- Admission decisions are based primarily on the applicant's previous academic record as shown by official transcripts.
- Duquesne University Online Application
- Official transcripts from accredited college, university, or seminary: If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report.
- Resume that documents competence and effectiveness in professional work
- Three letters of professional recommendation required upon acceptance
International40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.