Since its inception in 1964, the philosophy of Duquesne University's Applied Behavior Analysis program has been one that acknowledges the dignity and uniqueness of each individual. The mission is to prepare skilled educators who will maximize the potential for achieving a meaningful quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Candidates will develop skills and competencies appropriate to positions of direct care, health maintenance, advocacy, intensive case management, or independent support coordination. The curriculum in this program will build a solid foundation in ABA that can be applied when working as a behavior analyst. Graduates of this program may apply for the Behavior Specialist License offered by the Pennsylvania Board of Medicine.
Students pursuing this degree may also complete the Verified Course Sequence for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)® certification by taking additional coursework. Students pursuing the BCBA credential are required to complete an external supervised practicum experience as required by the board.
Note: This program does not meet the requirements for CBP/HD Special Education teaching certification in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Note: The Pennsylvania Board of Education may have additional requirements for the Behavior Specialist License.
- Orientation in Special Education
- Cognition and Instructional Design
- Social Justice and Empowerment
- Learning Theories and Instructional Design
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Evidence Based Practices for Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Educational Psychology Pedagogy View 770 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- 3.0 GPA
- Duquesne University Online Application
- A statement of purpose demonstrating the applicant's Professionalism and Ethics, commitment to Academic Excellence, and commitment to Collaboration and Diversity. For the statement of purpose, the applicant should answer a set of questions framed around these themes
- Official Transcripts: If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report.
- Duquesne University requires submission of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores for all non-native English speaking applicants who attended a university outside of the United States
International40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.