You will study media design principles and theoretical perspectives drawn from the cognitive sciences, the learning sciences, developmental models of learning, constructivist and constructionist philosophies of learning, and social learning theories.
Our Digital Media Design for Learning program from New York University exposes you to the design of computer-based, multimedia simulations and games for learning, dramatic and documentary narratives, media that support advocacy and advance social justice, the educational potential of social media, educational data mining, learning analytics, and educational applications of media and technology for international development.
Careers and Outcomes
You’ll have the skills and knowledge for a breadth of careers, including:
- Designer or producer in educational software companies focused on technology-based learning
- Consultant to schools and school districts at all levels, as an academic technology coordinator or professional development specialist in the integration of technology in curriculum and instruction
- Faculty member or other leadership role in a college/university setting in areas such as: instructional design and technology, faculty teaching and learning support services, academic innovation, and online/e-learning course development
- Director or instructional designer in learning and development departments within corporate settings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of the Learning Sciences
- Design Foundation
- Design Process for Learning Experiences
- User Experience Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management View 208 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
A minimum cumulative grade credit average of 3.0 for the baccalaureate degree
Some experience (professional, academic, or personal) in a related field, such as psychology, learning, design, technology, or media
Basic or, preferably, intermediate skills in technology, e.g., computer-based multimedia, web or productivity tools, or video. That is, applicants should be very comfortable using computers and the Internet, but need not be programmers or media developers
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.