We live in the “Age of the Petabyte,” soon to become “The Age of the Exabyte.” Our networked world is generating a deluge of data that no human, or group of humans, can process fast enough.
This data deluge has the potential to transform the way business, government, science, and healthcare are carried out. But too few possess the skills needed to use automated analytical tools and cut through the noise to create knowledge from big data.
The Master of Science in Data Science is offered at New York University.
- Introduction to Data Science
- Probability and Statistics for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- Capstone Project and Presentation
- Inference and Representation
- Deep Learning
- Natural Language Understanding and Computational Semantics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 194 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS; however, TOEFL is preferred (Required for all applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a university degree in an English-speaking country)
- Official college transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation (we prefer all letters on letterhead)
- Statement of Academic Purpose
International22272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11136 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National22272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11136 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.