The curriculum includes research in dance education, dance content courses, general and subject-specific pedagogy courses, and a culminating curriculum project that is applicable to your current teaching setting. You’ll also have the chance to take electives such as Hip Hop Dance Culture, West African Dance, and Principles of Dance Movement Therapy.
Throughout your Teaching Dance, Grades K–12, Professional Certification from New York University, you will study:
- How to create and implement pre-K–12 sequential dance programs in public and independent schools
- How to plan, implement, and assess dance education in diverse urban settings
- Research in dance education, technique and pedagogy, teaching creative movement, and theory and philosophy of dance education
A Thinking-Centered Approach Leads to Careers
Our degree emphasizes the integration of the developing mind and body in the context of cultural practices through research, pedagogic, and discipline-based inquiries. Our goal is to facilitate the growth of your creative and critical thinking abilities, thereby increasing your knowledge and expertise in dance and dance education.
Graduates are research-informed and proficient teachers with a complete understanding of urban school systems and the role of dance education within them.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Laban Movement Analysis
- Research in Dance Education
- Human Development and Education in the Arts
- Theory and Philosophy of Dance Education
- History, Culture, and Pedagogy of Jazz Dance
- History, Culture, and Pedagogy of Early American Modern Dance
- Applied Methods and Techniques of Teaching Dance
- Teaching Creative Movement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
- Statement Of Purpose
- Letters Of Recommendation
- GRE or MAT
- Proficiency in English
- Teachers Certification
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.