Prepare for a career as a professional clinical counselor in a broad spectrum of settings, including community agencies, mental health centers, hospitals, integrated behavioral health centers, and substance abuse treatment centers.
We are committed to generating, advancing, and disseminating knowledge related to all aspects of research and practice in counseling. At the Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness MA degree from New York University we teach our students to understand people across the lifespan in cultural contexts, promote equity and social justice in our work, and help all people craft lives of wellness, health, and meaning.
You will gain the skills to:
- Form helping counseling relationships and demonstrate a commitment to the growth and development of your clients
- Apply counseling skills such as assessment, case conceptualization, practice, and advocacy
- Assess clients within various socio-historical contexts with attention to issues of power and privilege – including gender, race and ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, and ability/disability
Careers and Outcomes
You’ll be prepared for a fulfilling career in:
- Community mental health programs
- College counseling centers
- Trauma-focused programs
- HIV and AIDS outreach programs
- Substance abuse treatment centers
- Human Growth and Development
- Prof. Orient. & Eth. Issues in Coun. for MH &W
- Counseling: Theory and Process
- Practicum in Counseling for Mental Health and Wellness
- Research & Evaluation in Behavioral Sciences
- Abnormal Psychology
- Group Dynamics: Theory and Practice
- Dynamics of Vocational Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 631 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proficiency in English
International56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD per year during 24 months.
National56010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56010 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.