In the Bilingual Education for Teachers degree from New York University, students will acquire second-language teaching and learning skills that will put you in demand as a teacher, researcher, curriculum developer, or administrator in schools, community organizations, international agencies, publishing companies, and multinational corporations.
By combining core foundation classes and content electives with fieldwork and student teaching, you’ll explore:
- The theory and practice of bilingual multicultural education and teaching second languages
- Methods of teaching language arts and literacy with a bilingual approach
- Intercultural perspectives in multilingual education
You’ll study bilingual multicultural education, the structure of American English, and intercultural and multicultural perspectives in education, and complete a culminating project.
Elective courses focus on topics such as language assessment and evaluation, linguistic analysis, teaching second languages in a technological society, and second language acquisition research. You’ll obtain stronger knowledge in both the content and the culture of your world language (whether Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, or Mandarin Chinese).
Whether you choose to pursue this degree with or without the additional New York State bilingual extension, you will graduate prepared for roles as a teacher, researcher, curriculum developer, or administrator in schools, community organizations, international agencies, publishing companies, and multinational corporations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Bilingual Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice
- Intercultural Perspectives in Multicultural Education
- The Bilingual Exceptional Child
- Teaching second languages- Theory and Practice
- Structure of American English
- Teaching EFL in International Settings
- Linguistic Analysis
- Workshop in Teaching a Foreign Language
- Teaching Second Languages in a Technological Society
- Language Evaluation and Assessment
- Second Language Acquisition: Theory and Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 915 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE or MAT
- Proficiency in English
- Teacher Certification - You are required to scan and upload evidence of your teacher certification, credential, or license as part of your application. If you are currently in school and expect to receive your teacher's certification after you graduate, you will use this section on the application to upload a note indicating this.
International21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National21540 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10770 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.