The Master of Science in Food Science and Nutrition, Food Science Specialization at Colorado State University provides students with training for doctoral studies and professional degrees, as well as careers in government agencies and industry. A minimum of 35 credits is required for the MS degree.
The Master of Science in Food Science and Nutrition, Food Science specialization includes advanced studies oriented toward food science, food microbiology, food preservation and safety, and health properties of foods and food components. The program provides students with training for doctoral studies and professional degrees, as well as careers in government agencies and industry. A minimum of 35 credits is required for the M.S. degree.
Our program prepares graduates to pursue a doctoral degree in nutrition or a related discipline.
The program prepares graduates for a wide range of career opportunities in the Food Industry. Many are employed in areas of product development, research, quality assurance, food safety, food biotechnology, marketing, or public relations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Product Development
- Food Biotechnology
- Current Issues in Food Safety
- Cereal Science
- Phytochemicals and Probiotics for Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 134 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- One official transcript of all collegiate work completed post-high school. Additionally separate transcripts are not required for study abroad credits if the GPA and credits are recorded on the transcript of the university that sponsored the study abroad experience. CSU transcripts are not required.
- Any other materials that individual departments or programs may require of applicants.
- Regardless of citizenship, applicants may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency, if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.
International30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 12 months.
National30858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15130 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.