The MA Counseling Psychology Program meets the educational requirements for licensure* as professional counselors (LPC and LPCC). In addition to coursework, the program requires each student to complete a practicum.
MA students at University of Saint Thomas Saint Paul have a wide range of options at which they can complete their practica, including counseling centers, community mental health clinics, correctional facilities, schools, hospitals and the Interprofessional Center for Counseling and Legal Services. Learn about our M.A. with Direct Admission to the Psy.D. and our elective coursework for CEU credits for licensure as an LPC and LPCC.A student in the M.A. Degree Program in Counseling Psychology is:
- Assigned a core faculty advisor and taught by core and adjunct faculty who provide a wide array of counseling services to clients
- Able to develop a flexible plan of study taking evening and weekend courses
- Connected to a strong network of diverse students, faculty, and alumni
- Psychological Statistics
- Learning & Behaviors Change in Counseling Psychology
- Introduction to Group Psychotherapy
- Psychological Assessment I
- Theories of Career Development
- Basic Counseling Skills Lab
- Ethics and Professional Issues
- Counseling Practicum I
- Counseling Practicum II
- Counseling Practicum III
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1221 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International graduate applicants must first complete the online application for the program they wish to be admitted to.
- General requirements and submissions can be found on the individual program websites. A full list of graduate programs and links to departmental websites and online applications can be found on the graduate admissions website.
International23700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per credit during 12 months.
National23700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 790 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Saint Paul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.