The Mercer Athletic Training Program is full-time and spans six consecutive semesters with classroom-based instruction coupled with clinical laboratory courses and clinical experiences.
Mercer Athletic Training students are led by a distinguished faculty of athletic trainers and receive clinincal instruction from trained preceptors in a variety of clinical settings.
The Master of Athletic Training Program will:
- Recruit and admit highly qualified applicants who are committed to a career in athletic training (entering undergrad GPA, prerequisite GPA, and GRE scores; graduation rate).
- Support faculty development and engagement in teaching, scholarship, and service (instructor evaluations, scholarly publications, scholarly presentations, service on university, professional and community-based committees).
- Deliver a curriculum that provides students with knowledge, skills and clinical abilities included in the curricular content areas defined by CAATE: foundational knoweldge; core competencies; patient/client care; prevention, health promotion, and wellness; and healthcare administration.
Provide clinical education experiences that are varied and interprofessional (clinical assignment tables showing the following clinical experiences: throughout the lifespan [for example, pediatric, adult, elderly], of different sexes, with different socioeconomic statuses, of varying levels of activity and athletic ability [for example, competitive and recreational, individual and team activities, high- and low-intensity activities], who participate in nonsport activities [for example, participants in military, industrial, occupational, leisure activities, performing arts]).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Athletic Injuries
- Basic Taping, Bracing, and Protective Equipment
- Athletic Training Emergency Care
- Fundamentals of Athletic Training
- Therapeutic Intervention
- Clinical Examination & Diagnosis
- Introduction to Athletic Training Clinical
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 400 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8250 USD per semester and a duration of .
National16500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8250 USD per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.