The Counselor Education master’s degree (M.Ed.) program is designed to effectively and efficiently meet the increasing demand for counselors in the educational setting. Our primary focus is the rigorous study of education, psychology and counseling, and preparing students to work in schools and universities. Graduates of our program will be prepared to:
- Pursue employment as academic advisers, career counselors and student affair officials in colleges and universities
- Pursue doctoral studies in counseling psychology or other related fields
- Become certified in the State of Texas as a School Counselor
The 48-hour degree program is designed to be completed in two years. Many of our courses are offered in the daytime or are offered every other year. We encourage students to enroll as a full-time student to maximize their ability to immerse themselves in the academic and experiential learning experiences available while training.
An exciting part of our program is the applied work during practicum placements. We have developed relationships with local school districts and universities to ensure that our students have optimal opportunities to train for future work in academic settings.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Theories In Counseling
- Ethics In Counseling
- Research Methodology For Practitioners
- Child and Adolescent Social, Emotional, and Cognitive Development OR Individual Through The Life Cycle
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3625 other Masters in Education in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International1860 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1860 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1860 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1860 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1232 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1232 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.