UT Austin is one of only twenty institutions in the country that offers doctoral degree plans in Physical Education Teacher Education. We offer degrees that empirically contribute to contemporary education and physical activity settings in which children can be motivated to stay active and healthy.
- M.A. (Report or Thesis)
- M.Ed. (Coursework or With K-12 Teacher Certification)
Through empirical research and best pedagogical practice, students enrolled in these degree plans experience highly interactive course work. As the health of children and adolescents becomes an increasingly important topic, our students will become experts in the factors that influence their motor performance, knowledge, dispositions, and abilities related to physical activity participation and health.
Coursework focuses on the research of:
- teaching in physical education,
- teacher education in physical education,
- analysis of teaching, and
- cultural influences in physical activity and education settings.
Students are required to conduct independent research projects. Graduates from our program have excellent opportunities for job placement in academia, research institutions, and the public sector.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cultural Knowledge of Teachers and Teaching
- Introduction to Multicultural Education
- Race and Ethnic Relations in Schools
- Latino Educational Policy in Texas
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3538 other Masters in Education in United States
- An official score for the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), unless otherwise specified by the graduate program to which the student is applying. International students whose native language is not English must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Adequate subject preparation for the proposed major. Evidence of adequate preparation varies by program, but examples include letters of reference, auditions, samples of work, and personal statements
- A grade point average of at least 3.00 in upper-division (junior- and senior-level) coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
International18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National18032 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9016 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State9274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4637 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.