In addition to the core counseling courses, this 60-hour program emphasizes an understanding of the issues faced by contemporary couples and families and a family systems approach to the conceptualization and treatment of couples and families. Graduates of this program are prepared to work with individuals, couples and families in a variety of professional counseling settings. The program meets the educational requirements for the licensed professional counselor credentials (LPC) in Michigan and is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Working with an advisor, the program can also lead to licensure as a marriage and family therapist.
- Psychopathology: Classification & Treatment
- Foundations of Systemic Family Therapy
- Couple Interaction & Therapy
- Family Interaction & Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 894 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Complete high school or post-secondary education transcripts
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required
- Three recommendations
- Written statement
International15556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15556 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15556 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.