The Behavior Analysis and Therapy degree at Southern Illinois University is offered in the traditional on campus format in Carbondale, and in an innovative hybrid format that consists of 75% of all coursework online, with the remainder completed in occasional meetings in the Chicagoland area. These meetings are no more than 3 per semester, and help create a real-live vibe to the typical online learning experience. Regardless if you want the traditional on-campus experience, or the convenience of working full-time and remaining remote from SIU, the BAT program has options for you.
The Behavior Analysis and Therapy Program is devoted to the empirically-based development and application of learning principles to a wide variety of human needs that arises from developmental, psychological, social, or medical disabilities. The graduate of the program is prepared to assess the needs of individuals, to assist those individuals to acquire skills to maximize their capabilities, to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions, and to teach other service providers techniques for assessment, training, and evaluation.
- Focus on practical experiences. Students are required to complete a 9/hr a week practicum for one semester.
- Focus on research. Student are encouraged to assist with faculty research projects.
- Program breadth. Students have the opportunity to obtain a variety of experiences in the areas of intellectual disabilities, gambling, mental health, child behavior, parent-child relations, behavioral medicine, community and consumer issues, and the working work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Behavior Therapy
- Ethics in Behavior Analysis & Therapy
- Autism and Intellectual Disabilities
- Performance Management
- Behavioral Gerontology
- Functional Analysis and Interventions-Autism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Psychology Cognitive Sciences View 894 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- 2.7 (on a grading scale with 4.0=A; approximately a "B-" average) on the last two years of Bachelor's coursework
- 3.0 on all previous graduate work (approximately a "B" average)
International35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35213 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National35213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35213 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State14085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14085 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.