Areas of Study
The Manufacturing and Design program of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) includes Finite Element Methods in design, mechanics of intelligent material systems, nano- and micro-manufacturing, material processing, rapid prototyping, composites manufacturing, design with composites, digital control, design of power transmission systems, design of high-temperature components, and design of smart grids. The program prepares students with the higher educational background and the competence that are necessary for today’s rapidly changing technology needs.
- Design of Composite Structures
- Finite Element Methods
- Digital Control of Physical Systems
- Microscale and Nanoscale Manufacturing
- Design and Analysis of Smart Grids
- Mechanics of Intelligent Material Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Industrial Design View 27 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
- The general requirement for admission for a U.S. student is a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from the University of California.
- An international student whose post-secondary education is completed outside of the U.S. is expected to hold a degree representing completion of at least four years of study with above average/very good scholarship from a university or university-level institution.
- The $120.00 (for U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents) or $140.00 (for all other applicants) application fee must be submitted online by credit or debit card before the application can be processed.
- Statement of purpose
- Personal Statement
- GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
International32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
National32858 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32858 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17456 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.