At Special Education (online) at Quinnipiac University under the “Child Find” component of IDEA, educators, psychologists, parents and health care professionals identify, diagnose and provide interventions for children with special needs as early as birth. As more children with special needs enter public education at age three, there is a growing need for highly trained teachers who are able to provide all students with engaging, differentiated learning opportunities that allow them to access the curriculum along with their non-disabled peers.
The field of Special Education (online) at Quinnipiac University requires an in-depth understanding of the laws that frame it, particularly the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We offer two tracks to achieve your professional goals. One leads to cross-endorsement Connecticut #165, Comprehensive K-12 Special Education for those already holding an initial endorsement, and the second track is for anyone who is interested in doing research in special education.
- Specific Learning Disabilities: Identification, Instruction and Assessment (LD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorder Identification, Management, and Assessment
- Understanding and Teaching Students with Intellectual Disabilities
- Assessment/Program Planning and Evaluation of Children with Special Needs
- Special Education Law
- Educating Young Children with Special Needs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The program will accept applications up to 1 or 2 weeks prior to the start
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 1306 other Masters in Education in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges attended, whether or not grades were earned
- Secondary school transcript with graduation date, unless an associate’s degree was earned
- Advanced placement transcripts
- International baccalaureate transcripts; International students should send official transcripts to World Education Services (WES) for certification and evaluation of credit and request that Quinnipiac University receive the results.
International32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
National32850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1095 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.