The Environmental Studies program provides students with a plan of study that integrates knowledge and approaches to complex problems from various fields in the sciences, engineering, social sciences and humanities to meet the students’ individual career goals. This highly individualized and transdisciplinary approach provides a distinctive learning experience for Environmental Studies students.
Upon completion of the program, students should be able to: analyze environmental issues through social, economic and ecological lenses; apply quantitative and qualitative methods as appropriate to environmental research; and utilize information resources and technology to organize and evaluate environmental research.
Learning is preeminent at California State University Fullerton. We aspire to combine the best qualities of teaching and research universities where actively engaged students, faculty and staff work in close collaboration to expand knowledge.
We are a comprehensive, regional university with a global outlook, located in Orange County, a technologically rich and culturally vibrant area of metropolitan Los Angeles. Our expertise and diversity serve as a distinctive resource and catalyst for partnerships with public and private organizations. We strive to be a center of activity essential to the intellectual, cultural and economic development of our region.
- To ensure the preeminence of learning
- To provide high-quality programs that meet the evolving needs of our students, community and region
- To enhance scholarly and creative activity
- To make collaboration integral to our activities
- To create an environment where all students have the opportunity to succeed
- To increase external support for university programs and priorities
- To expand connections and partnerships with our region
- To strengthen institutional effectiveness, collegial governance and our sense of community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainability Projects
- Environmental Issues and Approaches
- Environmental Evaluation and Protection
- Environmental Research and Analysis
- Environmental Statistics
- Profesional Practice in Environmental Studies
- Selected Topics in Environmental Problems
- Internship in Environmental Studies
- Independent Graduate Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 420 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Students must meet the CSU requirements for admission to a master’s degree program.In addition, the program requires a grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 in the last 60 units of coursework attempted and two letters of recommendation, at least one of which must come from a college or university. Because the program accepts students as a cohort, the size of the cohort will limit the number of applicants accepted.
- The Environment and Society track: one undergraduate course in ecology; one course in quantitative methods. Environmental Sciences and Technology track: nine upper-division units in the natural and/or physical sciences, mathematics and/or engineering. Students without these prerequisites may be admitted provisionally, but must take these courses during their first year. In addition, students must be assigned an adviser upon entry. Additional requisites may be established at the discretion of the adviser.
International15457 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15457 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10764 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10764 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.