Advanced preparation programs include Professional Learning Communities in which students interact with other graduate student from various content areas and grade levels to discuss and work on real world challenges and promising practices they encounter in schools.
Special Education for Teacher Leaders, Learning and Behavior Disorders students are expected to become competent in theory, research, and application of best teaching practices related to exceptional students with Learning and Behavior Disorders and exhibit appropriate teacher disposition behaviors as indicated by the College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Teacher Disposition Rating Form. All courses in the program carry critical performance indicators (CPIs) that must be completed before the final course grade will be recorded.
Each course’s CPI becomes a part of the portfolio that is reviewed at the end of each semester for progress through the program. Note: To be eligible to be recommended for certification as a teacher for Exceptional Children (Grades P-12), Learning and Behavior Disorders, students must document that they have received passing score(s) on the required Praxis II examination(s).
Western Kentucky University (WKU) prepares students of all backgrounds to be productive, engaged, and socially responsible citizen-leaders of a global society. The University provides research, service and lifelong learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and other constituents. WKU enriches the quality of life for those within its reach.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Teacher Leadership
- Curriculum Development
- Classroom Instruction Strategies
- School and Classroom Assessment
- Action Research Design for Teacher Leaders
- Action Research Capstone for Teacher Leaders
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 662 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Applicants who are alumni of WKU teacher preparation programs must have or be eligible for a teaching certificate1 in LBD or another certifiable area, and must submit a copy of the certificate or statement of eligibility with their applications.
- Applicants who completed their initial certification program at another Kentucky institution with at least a 2.75 GPA2 for all previous coursework (undergraduate and graduate) must have or be eligible for a teaching certificate1 in LBD or another certifiable area, and must submit a copy of the certificate or statement of eligibility with their applications.
- Applicants who completed their initial certification program at an accredited out-of-state institution with at least a 2.75 GPA2 for all previous coursework
International953 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 953 USD per credit during 12 months.
National917 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 917 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State607 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 607 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bowling Green
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.