Demand for professionals skilled in data, analytics, and machine learning is exploding. A recent report by IBM and Burning Glass states that there will be 364K new job openings in data-driven professions by 2020 in the US. Data scientists bring value to organizations across industries because they are able to solve complex challenges with data and drive important decision-making processes. 39% of the most rigorous data science positions require a degree higher than a bachelor’s.
This Statistics and Data Science MicroMaster Program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MITx is comprised of four online courses and a virtually proctored exam that will provide you with the foundational knowledge essential to understanding the methods and tools used in data science, and hands-on training in data analysis and machine learning. You will dive into the fundamentals of probability and statistics, as well as learn, implement, and experiment with data analysis techniques and machine learning algorithms.
This program will prepare you to become an informed and effective practitioner of data science who adds value to an organization. The program certificate can be applied, for admitted students, towards a PhD in Social and Engineering Systems (SES) through the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS) or may accelerate your path towards a Master’s degree at other universities around the world.
Anyone can enroll in this MicroMasters program. It is designed for learners that want to acquire sophisticated and rigorous training in data science without leaving their day job but without compromising quality. There is no application process but college-level calculus and comfort with mathematical reasoning and Python programming are highly recommended if you want to excel. All the courses are taught by MIT faculty at a similar pace and level of rigor as an on-campus course at MIT. This program brings MIT’s rigorous, high-quality curricula and hands-on learning approach to learners around the world – at scale.
- A recent report by IBM and Burning Glass states that there will be 364K new job openings in data-driven professions by 2020 in the US
- Out of those jobs, the toughest to fill are the Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics positions
- 39% of these positions require a degree higher than a bachelor’s
- By completing this MicroMasters program you will be able to solve complex challenges with data and drive decision-making processes for organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What You'll Learn:
- Master the foundations of data science, statistics, and machine learning
- Analyze big data and make data-driven predictions through probabilistic modeling and statistical inference; identify and deploy appropriate modeling and methodologies in order to extract meaningful information for decision making
- Develop and build machine learning algorithms to extract meaningful information from seemingly unstructured data; learn popular unsupervised learning methods, including clustering methodologies and supervised methods such as deep neural networks
- Finishing this MicroMasters program will prepare you for job titles such as: Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Engineer
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 months
- 10 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 84 other Masters in Statistics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1157 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 USD for the full programme and a duration of 14 months.
National1157 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1350 USD for the full programme and a duration of 14 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.