The Dementia Studies programme offered by the Bangor University builds upon existing theoretical perspectives and research evidence underpinning applied health and social care practice in the field of dementia care.
It critically examines current theory, practice and policy in order to advance appropriate approaches to dementia care from the disciplines of mental health, health and social care management.
The course seeks to develop a framework for students to engage in active person- and familycentred care of people with dementia across diverse acute and community settings.
It positions assessment, care planning and interventions as strategies that respond to the complexity of dementia as a lived experience, including attention to bilingual therapeutic interventions in order to develop excellence in service delivery.
This programme provides student-focused learning that critically examines both the theory and practice framing contemporary approaches to health and social care management for people with dementia.
It has no placements or clinical competencies, making it suitable for local and international candidates who wish to study at this level as a career requirement or for academic progression.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Positioning Dementia Care
- Managing Complex Transitions
- Communication in Dementia Care
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 793 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- A good first degree in a relevant subject from a recognised institution. Degree subjects acceptable for all programmes: Nursing, Midwifery, Occupational/Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy, Medicine/Dentistry, Psychology, Radiography, Paramedics. English language standard
- This does not apply to all prospective candidates, please ask for advice as your Bachelor degree may be sufficient to meet this requirement. Working professionals with nongraduate qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.