Students in the Environmental Health Sciences MS program offered by the University of Massachusetts Amherst are strongly focused on specific research studies of interest, and have identified a faculty mentor willing to support their research project in Environmental Health Sciences.
A successful student will leave the program with expertise in a number of disciplines, as well as specific training in one of three broad concentrations: Environmental & Molecular Epidemiology, Environmental Monitoring & Exposure Science, or Environmental Toxicology.
More informationVisit official programme website
MS students must complete:
- three public health core courses
- four core environmental health sciences courses
- electives (nine to eighteen credits in total)
- a thesis (nine credits)
The M.S. degree is typically completed in four semesters plus the intervening summer. A minimum of 42 credits is required.
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 133 other Masters in Environmental Management in United States
- All applicants must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Foreign applicants must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum TOEFL score is 600 or better for the paper-based exam or a score of 90 or better for the internet-based exam. The Graduate School also requires a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Admission is based on the applicant’s grades in undergraduate and graduate courses; test scores; letters of recommendation; and the applicant’s personal statement. They must also have adequate undergraduate preparation (cumulative grade point average of B or better) in the basic sciences.
International19686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9843 USD per semester and a duration of 27 months.
National19686 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9843 USD per semester and a duration of 27 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 27 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.