Undergraduate major degrees are usually in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, or environmental sciences (or any of the sub disciplines – e.g. biochemistry). These students are strongly focused on specific research studies of interest, and have identified a faculty mentor willing to support their research project in Environmental Health Sciences.
A successful student will leave the Environmental Health Sciences program of the University of Massachusetts Amherst with expertise in a number of disciplines, as well as specific training in one of three broad concentrations: Environmental & Molecular Epidemiology, Environmental Monitoring & Exposure Science, or Environmental Toxicology.
MS students must complete:
- three public health core courses
- four core environmental health sciences courses
- electives (nine to eighteen credits in total)
- a thesis (nine credits)
The M.S. degree is typically completed in four semesters plus the intervening summer. A minimum of 42 credits is required.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Health Practices
- Developmental Origins of Disease
- Environmental and Occupational Toxicology
- Exposure Assessment in Environmental and Public Health
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Environmental Sciences Biochemistry View 528 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- All applicants must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Foreign applicants must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The minimum TOEFL score is 600 or better for the paper-based exam or a score of 90 or better for the internet-based exam. The Graduate School also requires a minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Admission is based on the applicant’s grades in undergraduate and graduate courses; test scores; letters of recommendation; and the applicant’s personal statement. They must also have adequate undergraduate preparation (cumulative grade point average of B or better) in the basic sciences.
International20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 27 months.
National20080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10040 USD per semester and a duration of 27 months.
In-State9342 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4671 USD per semester and a duration of 27 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.