Each Geography graduate degree at the University of Delaware is highly individualized. A student works closely with their advisory committee to design and complete the graduate degree in physical geography, human geography, or coupled human-environment systems.
The Geography course at University of Delaware has a long tradition focusing on climatology, especially physical, synoptic, dynamic climatology, and all phases of water budget cycling. In addition, emphasis is placed on land surface processes, especially glacial and alpine environments, sea-ice dynamics, hydrology and ecosystem linkages.
Human Geography covers a broad range of environmental themes approached from cultural-historical, socio-economic and political perspectives.
Coupled human-environment systems examines linkages and processes between the biophysical environment and human societies with emphasis in environmental governance, conflicts over increasingly scarce resources, and human dimensions of climate change.
Interdisciplinary work is encouraged from across the university and in collaborations with local, national, and international partners.
- Physical Geography: Climatic Processes
- Human Geography
- Physical Geography: Land Surface Processes
- Climatic Processes Laboratory
- World Regional Geography
- Climate and Life
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology View 266 other Masters in Geology in United States
- A nonrefundable application fee submitted with the application.
- Applicants must list and upload unofficial transcripts of all post-high school academic work from all institutions attended.
- Applicants must submit a Personal Statement or answer specific questions or essays as part of the application; a Resume
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) admission test scores
International28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.