A social worker with master-level training is an advanced generalist practitioner. The advanced generalist practitioner possesses a wide range of knowledge and competencies in order to respond to a wide range of social problems. In addition, each student is required to identify an area of specialization (addictions with a mental health focus, military personnel and their families, and persons with physical disabilities) which will build on their generalist skills and prepare them for specialist practice.
The mission of the Social Work program of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater is: To cultivate advanced social work professionals skilled in developing collaborative relationships within dynamic regional and national contexts to address diverse human and community issues that affect well-being.
- Preparing students through coursework and advising to advance their knowledge, develop strong professional values and ethics, and be able to apply a range of prevention and intervention methods.
- Engaging students in evidence-informed practices.
- Partnering students within a framework of community engagement to accomplish mutual goals.
- Providing students with opportunities to work in partnership with faculty who are actively engaged in practice, service, and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assertiveness Training in the Help Professions
- Grief Management in the Helping Professions
- Managing Stress and Burnout in the Helping Professions
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Gerontology
- Sexuality for Professional Growth
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 333 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Transcript demonstrating Bachelor's degree from a 4-year college or university accredited by a recognized regional accrediting association
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 on 4.0 scale (you may apply if your GPA is less than 2.75, but you would be placed on probation status if admitted). For advanced standing students, a grade of B or better is required in all core social work courses
- Intro to statistics course: 200-level or higher, with a grade of C or better (this prerequisite may be taken at UWW the summer before the fall your MSW program begins)
- Personal statement and resume
- Background check will be completed prior to your field placement, but is not part of the application process
- 3 letters of reference
- 1000 service hours (paid or volunteer)
International18424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9212 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National18424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9212 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4463 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.